Cape Connoisseur Champignons (Pty) Ltd t/a South African Gourmet Mushroom Academy® respects your privacy and complies with the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act 4 of 2013, South Africa’s equivalent of the European Union (EU) GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Cape Connoisseur Champignons (Pty) Ltd hereby describes the manner in which the personal information we collect about you and / or receive from you will be used to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
In order to deliver a professional service, we need to use some of your personal information. It applies to all users of our website, related mobile sites and software applications which are used to access and purchase our products and services.
When you become a registered user, we collect and process the following personal information to render our services:
Identification or Passport number
Address - including City, Province / State and Country
Depending on the information you share, we may also collect the following optional detail:
Date of Birth
Company VAT number
- By using our platforms, you agree to the processing of your personal information as set out in this policy
- We agree to process personal information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific
- We agree to retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which this information was collected or subsequently processed
- We do not sell personal information to third parties for marketing or any other purpose
- We agree to secure the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information in our possession or under our control by taking appropriate and reasonable technical / organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of personal information, and unlawful access to or processing of personal information