e-LEARNING - INTERACTIVE WEB-BASED COURSES
Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean, Northern America, Oceania
Wild Mushroom Identification
The following three options are available:
- EXPLORATORY: Adventurous
- INTERMEDIATE: Intellectual Rollercoaster Ride
- ADVANCED: Intense and Stimulating
- Modules via e-mail
- Attached PDF, XLSX and JPG documents
- Ability to send and receive e-mail
- Preferably an e-mail address where size limitation is not a barrier (minimum 25 Mb) e.g. gmail.com or yahoo.com
- Own pace and schedule
- No time limitations
Currency: South African Rand ZAR for EFT payments, no hidden costs applicable. This is the preferred cost effective payment option for South Africans. To access the bank detail, please scroll down past the card option payment sections.
EURO for PayPal, debit or credit card payments, additional standard card and exchange rate costs might be applicable. Make a convenient electronic payment with either your credit or debit card using the safe and secure PayPal payment gateway. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT a prerequisite to the above-mentioned card payments.
Discount on all e-Learning courses.
Why would you consider e-Learning?
- The proportion of individuals joining e-Learning interactive web-based training for professional upgrade and for recreational purposes is growing immensely
- As e-Learning interactive web-based training denotes the physical separation of the learner from the instructor, it is characterised by non-contiguous communication, meaning that the learner and instructor are separated not only in space but also in time
- e-Learning reaches out to learners wherever they live or wish to study
- If you have access to e-mail, the popular e-Learning method would be the preferred choice
- The e-Learning learner is typically in full, partial or no employment and / or having family and social commitment
What are the advantages of e-Learning over virtual real-time education?
- A distinguished and proven method in education
- Unique combination of instructor-initiated (synchronous) and self-paced (asynchronous) training, thus greater flexibility as it allows learners to study at their own pace over a longer period of time
- Ability to complete your course as quickly or slowly as circumstance dictates
- Eliminating the technical set-up requirements associated with virtual real-time courses
- All information in clear and easy to understand modules via e-mail, attached PDF, XLSX and JPG documents
- One learner per instructor, thus undivided attention. Also unlimited e-mail and / or cell phone access to instructor whilst doing the course
- Recognising the immense social interaction needs of all human beings, we will spend a considerable amount of time guiding you through the material, explaining the finer detail and addressing your questions
- Ability to continue without interruption, even during unexpected events such as the COVID-19 pandemic
- Reduced course rate
Why registering for a course at the Academy?
- You are dealing with experienced mushroom specialists, in other words, professionals who completed post graduate degrees at universities, worked at research institutes and served the private industries over years
- Wild mushroom identification is a field of specialisation. Edible and poisonous wild mushroom species cannot always be easily distinguished, thus risky when dealing with amateurs
- Value for money. A surprisingly high number of wild mushroom forays and / or workshops are run by self-taught amateurs, with no applicable or formal qualifications. Training should preferably be left to the professionals. Especially when dealing with the identification of wild mushrooms